Thursday, November 8, 2012

Learning numbers through 20

Hi everyone!
We FINALLY got some rain today! Luckily, it only rained during classroom time and after school. The bad part of any rainy day (besides crazy kids locked in the classroom like wild monkeys) is that I don't have any closets so I have piles of backpacks. Ugh! Very disrupting to my OCD tendencies. Although today, one of my students, let's call her "I", did such a nice job of lining up all the backpacks and putting them in boy/girl lines. It was so cute! I'm sure my OCD is rubbing off on her a little. One student walked in and threw their backpack on the pile and "I" jumped up and said, "That doesn't go there, it's the boy's pile!" So awesome!
Here's a snap...

Ok moving right along... We also finally got to use my Treasure Hunt Pack!
Click on the picture to grab your copy!
The kids LOVED it! It was so successful!! Well, aside from the little meltdown that included throwing everything in sight. BUT, even with that going on, the kids we so focused on counting and matching the numbers. You could use them for what you want but we talked about being Pilgrims and looking for the Mayflower and using our maps to find America by finding all of the ships. SUPER CUTE!
Here are some shots of the fun...




 Sorry there are some blurs but you get the point. Now that I look at these pictures, I realize my classroom is quite messy. lol. Don't judge me.
I am giving away 3 today for 3 people who want the pack and comment!
Oh, one other thing... I reached 100 followers on my TPT store!!! I'm so excited about that!!! I'll have to do something special soon, any ideas?
Last thing, the elections were so exciting and nerve-racking at the same time. On Tuesday afternoon, the director of our school had a long conversation with us about what would happen if Prop 30 didn't pass in California. He said, "Don't worry yet but if the prop doesn't pass, we are getting a paycut, furlough days will come at the end of the school year and our school alone loses $700,000. But don't worry yet" So that wasn't an exact quote but you get the point. I went home and cried to my husband. One of my co-teachers and I called dibs on teaching summer school and I contemplated calling Red Robin to be a server again. When I went to sleep on Tuesday, I cried a little again because at 10pm, the Prop hadn't passed. My husband tried to lift my spirits and reassure that all would be fine but I was a mess. Then I went to school on Wednesday and found out that Proposition PASSED!! Woo Hoo! I don't have to be a server again. Phew. Our school budget is still a hot mess but it is out of hot water, for now.
Ok, I just wanted to share that because I didn't get to post yesterday. Let me know if you'd like a copy of the Treasure Hunt! I'm giving away 3!

6 comments:

  1. I would LOVE this pack. I can't believe I'm the first comment!! I'm your newest follower too. A day of firsts for me!:)

    smontano9@cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a bunch of fun!
    Traci
    btgue@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man! I think I'm number 4, but would sure love to have this as this is exactly what we're working on now! Love your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOPs, my email is lbettis@everestkc.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like great fun! I love anything where kids are up and moving.

    Cindy
    Granny Goes to School

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like so much fun, I would love the set!
    nafoley@tampabay.rr.com
    PS. Congrats on the prop passing!

    ReplyDelete